The Anna Citizen's Academy is a 7 month, interactive program that focuses on educating citizens about the city's governmental processes. Elected officials, department directors and other city staff will host unique and informative sessions designed to give citizens hands-on experience in city government operations. Note that the monthly class sessions will build on each other, therefore, regular attendance is important. Join us to keep our community moving in the right direction by actively participating in city affairs. The Academy starts in April 2017.
- Classes are held for seven consecutive months starting in April.
- Classes will be the third Tuesday of each month from 6:30pm to 7:30pm.
- Classes are open to any city resident, but class size is limited to 20 people. Potential students must be 18 years of age or older.
- Classes use hands-on activities and lectures to teach how city government functions day to day and how it affects the quality of life in Anna.
- The academy prepares class participants for service on a city board or commission, if they choose.
- The academy is free.
How to Sign Up:
Please fill out this application
. Please submit a signed copy via email or fax. A staff person will contact you.