US 75 Expansion Project
Project Description: Expansion of US 75 from Melissa Road to just north of FM 455. The project includes a redesign of the interchange and bridge over the highway.
Project Status: The project is currently under construction. Utility relocations are still in progress as part of the project.
Contractor(s): TxDOT project. Contractor Austin Bridge and Road
Project Cost: $79 million
Funding Source: TxDOT
- The contract for the project (US 75 expansion including the interchange and the bridge) was signed on March 16, 2016.
- The project time to completion is 884 days per the contract. This is based on 26 working days per month for a total anticipated project time of 34 months.
- The City has approximately 2.25 miles of water lines that are being relocated as part of the project.
- The Anna City Council recently approved an Inter-local Agreement (ILA) with Collin County related to funding for the Utility Relocation Project.
- The project phasing is subject to change but is expected to be as follows.
- The contractor has begun work on the first half of the FM 455 bridge.
- The contractor will begin work on the Throckmorton bridge and the service road bridges
over Throckmorton Creek (This section is in Melissa).
- The contractor will begin installation of temporary asphalt lanes near the main lanes so that traffic can be moved off the area where the future main lanes will be constructed.