The Anna Fire Department has a fire prevention program that includes commercial fire inspections.
Commercial fire inspections are performed on periodic basis to insure safety and code compliance. These inspections include identification of hazards and/or violations, making occupant aware of the hazards and/or violations assisting occupant in obtaining compliance and code enforcement when necessary.
Common hazards/violations observed include:
- Accumulation of waste materials, rubbish, high vegetation, etc.
- Defective wiring, switches, plugs, protective cover plates missing, etc.
- Obstruction of electrical control panels.
- Fire suppression or sprinkler systems inspections out of date.
- Fire extinguishers missing or inspections out of date.
- Address not posted or plainly visible and legible from roadway.
- Exits obstructed, exit signs missing or not illuminated.
- Improper usage or storage of flammable materials.
- Cylinder not properly secured.
The Anna Fire Department is currently under the International Fire Code-2006
For more information about Fire Safety Inspections, contact Deputy Chief Ray Isom at 214-831-5344.
*For specific information regarding all submittals, permit applications, plan review, and fee schedules please click here for the Planning Department Webpage OR contact the Planning and Development Department at 972-924-2616.