The Anna Fire Department has a fire prevention program that includes commercial fire inspections. The fire inspections are under the direction of Fire Marshal James Dockray.
Commercial fire inspections are performed on periodic basis to insure safety and code compliance. These inspections include identification of hazards and/or violations, making occupant aware of the hazards and/or violations assisting occupant in obtaining compliance and code enforcement when necessary.
Common hazards/violations observed include:
- Accumulation of waste materials, rubbish, high vegetation, etc.
- Defective wiring, switches, plugs, protective cover plates missing, etc.
- Obstruction of electrical control panels.
- Fire suppression or sprinkler systems inspections out of date.
- Fire extinguishers missing or inspections out of date.
- Address not posted or plainly visible and legible from roadway.
- Exits obstructed, exit signs missing or not illuminated.
- Improper usage or storage of flammable materials.
- Cylinder not properly secured.
The Anna Fire Department is currently under the International Fire Code-2006
For more information about Fire Safety Inspections, contact Fire Marshal James Dockray at 972-924-2143.