Driving Safety Course
You may request to have your citation dismissed by successfully completing a driving safety course or a motorcycle operator training course. IF YOU WOULD LIKE TO REQUEST DSC, YOU MUST REQUEST IT ON OR BEFORE YOUR APPEARANCE DATE, OR THAT RIGHT WILL BE LOST. In order to be granted DSC, the following requirements need to be met first:
- You must have and show proof of a valid Texas driver’s license or permit.
- You must have and show proof of financial responsibility or vehicle liability insurance in your name or with you listed as a driver.
- You must enter a plea of guilty or nolo contendere (no contest).
- You must pay all court costs and an administration fee of $10 with a check, money order or cash (only in person) when you request this option.
- You must NOT have completed a driving safety course within the past 12 months preceding the date of the current citation. You will have to sign an affidavit affirming you have not taken the course in the past 12 months preceding.
- You must NOT have been cited for speeding 25 mph over the posted speed limit.
- You will need to obtain a certified copy of your driving record from Texas Department of Public Safety at $10 per copy. (It is your responsibility to obtain this copy and turn it in by the end of your 90 days.)
- Driving Safety Course is NOT AN OPTION if you hold a Commercial Drivers License (CDL)
For the Driver's Safety Course, we will need:
- Copy of driver's license
- Copy of insurance
- Paperwork filled out
- $108.00 or $132.00 for speeding violations in school zones