TIPS AND REMINDERS WHEN HIRING A CONTRACTOR
- Price gouging following a disaster is illegal
- Get all agreements in writing and keep all documentation
- Research contractors online and consider asking for references
- Avoid hiring contractors who use high pressure tactics and do not pay upfront
- Ask for proof of insurance and Texas trade license
- Insure your contractor is registered with the City of Anna and has obtained the proper work permits
To ensure the safety of all during the public health emergency, the Building Department is providing all customer service via email, Skype meetings, and over the phone. Email contacts are available at in the staff directory. No in-person meetings and limited counter service are authorized during this time.
Additionally, payment checks should be mailed to:
City of Anna
ATTN: Building Department
P.O. Box 776
Anna, TX 75049
Welcome neighbors, to the Building Department for the City of Anna! We are one of the fastest growing cities in North Texas and are dedicated to creating a neighborhood living environment with
good quality of life, development integrity, and a future vision of sustainability, while serving
the ongoing needs of our citizens.
*We invite you to navigate through this web site to resolve any questions you may have or any
information that you may need, with regard to building in Anna*
Some basics of construction/doing business in our city are listed blow:
• Construction hours are 7:00 am -7:00 pm. No work on Sunday. Construction work outside these times can result in a citation.
• Each development must have a specific concrete wash out station.
• Refuse containers must be on site during construction until it may be no longer practical to have them.
• Portable restrooms must be available for workers and kept in good condition.
• Trash fences must be installed at sides and back of the property once occupancies have started in the development.
• All excavations must be protected by temporary fencing until they are filled in.
• Addresses must be posted on t-poles and on or near the building, through construction.
• No permits that require attention will be accepted after 4:00 pm, unless they are simply left for review at a later time.
• Inspection requests for the next business day must be received before 4:00 pm. Any requests after 4:00 pm will not be completed until the day after. You may call your inspector to see if their schedule will allow them to get to your request. However, it will be the inspector’s decision.
• Occupied home utility releases will get priority status as time allows.
• No construction dirt, supplies or material may be left on the street during construction. They must be up on the site.
• Certificate of Occupancies are required for the following commercial applications: New building with a tenant, existing building or space with a tenant, business name change, change of ownership and change of occupancy type.
• Restaurant opening: Please be aware that you may need all or some of the following to open a restaurant/food establishment. Grease interceptor, Three compartment sink, backflow devices, health inspection, floor drains, restrooms, commercial vent hood and utility sink. ( This is not an all-inclusive list, it is just some helpful information)
*NOTICE: Effective October 1st, 2018, all fire-related permits, fire-related plan submittals, and fire-related operational permits will be coordinated by the Life Safety Division of the Anna Fire Department. Examples of operational permits include: Aerosol Products, High-Rack Storage, High-Piled Storage, Hazardous Materials, Fireworks/Pyrotechnics, Tent/Membrane Structures, Amusement Rides, and Food Trucks. The Planning Department will no longer accept fire submittals after 10/1/2018. Please visit the fire department page for details or call 972-924-2143.