New & Active Zoning & Development List
These projects have been submitted to the Planning Division for review. Most projects will follow the Submittal Calendar with exception to items that have been tabled during a Planning & Zoning Commission or City Council meeting OR if the applicant did not submit a complete application.
If you are interested in giving public testimony at a Public Hearing before the Planning and Zoning Commission (P&Z) or City Council, the following information will help you become familiar with the relevant procedures.
The Planning & Zoning Commission typically meet the first Monday of the month at 7 p.m in Council Chambers (111 N. Powell Pkwy), with some exceptions for holidays. The agenda will be posted online and at City Hall at least 72 hours prior to the meeting.
Prior to the meeting
- If you received a letter in the mail about a specific project, you are within 200 feet of the zoning case or Replat of a residential lot. State law requires we notify property owners within 200 feet and your opinion may be returned on the form provided to you.
- If you are unable to attend the meeting you may register your opinion through mail (see mailing address to the right). E-mail is also accepted prior to 5 p.m. the day of the meeting. Please include your name and address.
At the meeting
- Speakers may complete a speaker card and return it to a staff member (P&Z) or the City Secretary (City Council).
- When a large number of speakers are present for a meeting, the presiding officer may impose time limits that are more restrictive to promote an efficient, organized process and to allow all members of the public who intend to speak an opportunity to do so.
2020 Text Amendments
At the March 2, 2020 meeting, the Planning & Zoning Commission called for a Public Hearing for a future Planning & Zoning Commission meeting for staff to bring forward recommendations to amend Article 9.02 Subdivision Regulations, Article 9.03 Design Standards, Article 9.04 Zoning Ordinance, Article 9.06 Landscape Regulations and related sections of the Development Regulations.
- Correct minor formatting and spelling errors.
- Remove Mylar requirements.
- Update the platting process.
- Update the site planning process.
- Provide the ability to create site plan checklists.
- Reduce residential side yard setbacks.
- Review THOR overlay district regulation.
- Review the necessity of the Food and Beverage Store use definition, the Food and Beverage Overlay District, and Appendix 4. Food and Beverage Overlay District Map.
- Compare, review, and amend Appendix 2. Schedule of Uses and Appendix 3 Descriptions/Definitions of uses.
- Simplify minimum landscaping requirements section.
Written comments on the zoning request are welcomed and will be accepted until the time of the public hearings and may be presented at the hearings. All interested persons are encouraged to attend the public hearing and express their opinions on the proposed amendment.