Types of Disqualifications
- A class B conviction within the last 10 years.
- A family violence conviction.
- Conviction of any offense above a class B misdemeanor.
- Currently on probation or under indictment for any criminal offense.
- Discharge from the military under less than honorable conditions including:
- Any other characterization of service indicating bad character
- Bad conduct
- Other than honorable condition
Drug Use Disqualifiers
- Admission of illegal use of any kind within three years prior to the date of application.
- Any illegal use of PCP or LSD regardless of time.
- Any illegal use of a felony-grade substance as defined in the Texas Penal Code or Health and Safety Code, within ten years prior to the date of application; including prescription medication not prescribed to the applicant.
- Extensive use of any illegal drug will be considered on a case-by-case basis. Factors considered are the number of times, length of usage, and lifestyle improvements.
Driving Record Disqualifiers
- A driving record that indicates the following:
- Driver's license is currently suspended or revoked.
- Any serious violation such as reckless driving, endangering the lives of others, racing, failing to stop and render aid, or negligent vehicular manslaughter within the past three years.
- Excessive standard moving violations such as speeding, reckless driving, disregarding a traffic control signal, failure to signal, failure to keep right, following too close, etc.
Other Possible Disqualifiers
- Failure to substantially and properly complete the application forms, including but not limited to; failure to fill in all blanks to an extent that suggests intentional omission or deception, failure to provide notary seals where required, or failure to attach requested documents unless prior arrangements have been made.
- History of failure to maintain financial responsibility shown through a credit report.
- Unstable job history; the applicant changes jobs frequently.
The City of Anna is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We are committed to an alcohol-free, drug-free workplace and to providing equal opportunities regardless of race, religion, national origin, age, sex, disability, political affiliation, or marital status.