The Anna Fire Department's Fire Prevention program includes annual commercial fire inspections. Commercial fire inspections are performed on a periodic basis to ensure safety and code compliance. These inspections include the identification of hazards and/or violations, making occupants aware of the hazards and/or violations, and assisting occupants in obtaining compliance.
Common hazards/violations observed include but are not limited to:
- Accumulation of waste materials, rubbish, high vegetation, etc.
- Defective wiring, switches, plugs, protective cover plates missing, etc.
- Obstruction of electrical control panels
- Fire suppression or sprinkler system inspections out of date
- Fire extinguishers missing or inspections out of date
- Address not posted or plainly visible and legible from the roadway
- Exits obstructed, exit signs missing or not illuminated
- Improper use or storage of flammable materials
- Cylinders not properly secured
By ordinance, the Anna Fire Department enforces the 2015 International Fire Code as amended by the North Central Texas Council of Governments (NCTCOG) and local ordinances. These amendments may be accessed here: Anna Ordinance Intl Fire Code and Amendments
For questions, please contact our Fire Prevention Captain, James “Doc” Dockray at 214-831-5342 or Lieutenant Galen Davis at 214-831-5346 or by email.