The Anna Fire Department's Fire Prevention program includes annual commercial fire inspections. Commercial fire inspections are performed on a periodic basis to insure safety and code compliance. These inspections include identification of hazards and/or violations, making occupants aware of the hazards and/or violations, and assisting occupants in obtaining compliance.
Common hazards/violations observed include:
- Accumulation of waste materials, rubbish, high vegetation, etc.
- Defective wiring, switches, plugs, protective cover plates missing, etc.
- Obstruction of electrical control panels
- Fire suppression or sprinkler system inspections out of date
- Fire extinguishers missing or inspections out of date
- Address not posted or plainly visible and legible from roadway
- Exits obstructed, exit signs missing or not illuminated
- Improper use or storage of flammable materials
- Cylinders not properly secured
By ordinance, the Anna Fire Department currently utilizes the 2015 International Fire Code (IFC).
For more information about Fire Safety inspections, please contact Fire Prevention Captain James Dockray at 214.831.5342 or email him at email@example.com
*IMPORTANT INFORMATION FOR ALL CONTRACTORS AND SUB-CONTRACTORS!
In order to provide the highest levels of customer service, all fire-related permits, fire-related plan submittals, and fire-related operational permits will be coordinated by the Life Safety Division of the Anna Fire Department effective October 1st, 2018. After this date, please do not contact the Planning Division regarding fire submittals.
The fire department has established a 3rd party plan review process that is anticipated to decrease wait times and improve accuracy. Please refer to the documents below to learn more about the process and associated permit fees.
All electronic submittals and correspondence regarding permitting should be conducted through firstname.lastname@example.org