The Anna Fire Department has a fire prevention program that includes commercial fire inspections.
Commercial fire inspections are performed on periodic basis to insure safety and code compliance. These inspections include identification of hazards and/or violations, making occupant aware of the hazards and/or violations assisting occupant in obtaining compliance and code enforcement when necessary.
Common hazards/violations observed include:
- Accumulation of waste materials, rubbish, high vegetation, etc.
- Defective wiring, switches, plugs, protective cover plates missing, etc.
- Obstruction of electrical control panels.
- Fire suppression or sprinkler systems inspections out of date.
- Fire extinguishers missing or inspections out of date.
- Address not posted or plainly visible and legible from roadway.
- Exits obstructed, exit signs missing or not illuminated.
- Improper usage or storage of flammable materials.
- Cylinder not properly secured.
The Anna Fire Department is currently under the International Fire Code-2015
For more information about Fire Safety Inspections, email Deputy Chief Ray Isom or call at 214-831-5344.
*IMPORTANT INFORMATION FOR ALL CONTRACTORS AND SUB-CONTRACTORS!
In order to provide the highest levels of customer service, all fire-related permits, fire-related plan submittals, and fire-related operational permits will be coordinated by the Life Safety Division of the Anna Fire Department effective October 1st, 2018. After this date, please do not contact the Planning Division regarding fire submittals.
The fire department has established a 3rd party plan review process that is anticipated to decrease wait times and improve accuracy. Please refer to the documents below to learn more about the process and associated permit fees.