Health Services

Food Establishments

The City of Anna actively pursues the health and welfare of all its neighbors by routinely inspecting food establishments, mobile food units, commercial swimming pools, and daycare centers. 

Retail food establishments include:

  • Restaurants
  • Bakeries
  • Fast food outlets
  • Grocery stories
  • Convenience stores
  • Bars
  • Daycare centers
  • Schools
  • Nursing homes
  • Hospitals
  • Temporary events
  • Mobile food units

 Risk-based inspections are conducted on all food establishments to determine if the preparation, service, and display of food and beverage products are handled to meet the Texas Food Establishment Rules (TFER). Every Food Establishment and Mobile Food Unit must have at least one (1) full-time Certified Food Manager with a valid card. Food employees preparing or handling foods, beverages, and exposed utensils must obtain Food Handler Certification.  All certifications should be made available upon request.

Additional Information and Links:

  1. A valid Certificate of Occupancy from the City of Anna is required before issuing a Food Establishment Permit.
  2. Establishments must have a completed inspection and permit before opening.
  3. Food Handlers Permit. For all employees that handle or prep food.
  4. Each establishment must have at least one Certified Food Manager.
  5. All vendors must fill out an Itinerant vendor permit for each event in the City of Anna.
  6. Restaurant scores and inspection reports.
  7. Swimming pool annual permit applications for public use pools.

The department also ensures that all food establishment managers and handlers are certified per State regulations. 

  1. Mike Wherland

    Code Compliance Officer

  2. Anjanette Osborne

    Code Compliance Officer

  3. Parks and Recreation

    Physical Address
    120 W. 7th Street
    Anna, TX 75409

    Phone: : 214-831-5333