Starting January 1st of 2021, the City will be inspecting all food establishments within its city limits. The City of Anna, actively pursues the health and welfare of all its neighbors by routinely inspecting food establishments, mobile food units, commercial swimming pools, and day care centers.
Retail food establishments include:
- Fast food outlets
- Grocery stories
- Convenience stores
- Day care centers
- Nursing homes
- Temporary events
- Mobile food units
Risk based inspections are conducted on all food establishments to determine if the preparation, service, and display of food and beverage products are handled to meet the standards of the Texas Food Establishment Rules (TFER). Every Food Establishment and Mobile Food Unit is required to have at least one (1) full-time Certified Food Manager with a valid card. Food employees preparing or handling foods, beverages and exposed utensils are required to obtain Food Handler Certification. All certifications should be made available upon request.
Additional Information and Links:
- A valid Certificate of Occupancy from the City of Anna is required prior to issuance of a Food Establishment Permit.
- Establishments must have a completed inspection and permit prior to opening.
- Food Handlers Permit https://dshs.texas.gov/food-handlers/.
- Each establishment must have at least one Certified Food Manager. https://dshs.texas.gov/food-managers/default.aspx..
- All vendors must fill out an Itinerant vendor permit for each event in the City of Anna.
- Swimming pool annual permit applications for public use pools.
The department also ensures that all food establishment managers and handlers are certified per State regulations.