Records and Reports

The Records Department keeps care, custody, and control of all documents generated by the Police Department. The City Secretary's Office is responsible for all public records and other information in the City, including those generated by the Police Department. 

Open Records Requests

Public records and other information can be requested from the City Secretary's Office by submitting the Public Information Request Form. View the Texas Public Information Act, or contact the City Secretary at, 972-924-3325. 

Motor Vehicle Crash Reports 

Request a copy of an accident report online. Using the Crash Report Online Purchase System, you can search for and purchase certified copies of your Texas Peace Officer's Crash Report (CR-3). Accident/crash reports are not available until 3 to 10 days after the accident occurred. The cost for an uncertified electronic copy of a Texas Peace Officer's crash report is $4 and $8 for a certified electronic copy.