May 6, 2023 General Election
Candidate Packets and Applications for a Place on the Ballot may be picked up from the City Secretary's Office starting January 13, 2023. The City Secretary's Office is located in Anna Municipal Complex at 120 W. 7th Street, Anna, Texas 75409. If you would like an electronic packet please complete the Application Request Form.
Date of Next Election is Saturday, May 6, 2023, and applications for Places 3 and 5 will be accepted at the City Secretary's Office at Anna Municipal Complex, 120 W. 7th Street, Anna, Texas 75409 or by email at email@example.com.
First Day to File as a candidate is Wednesday, January 18, 2023.
Last Day to File as a candidate is 5:00 PM on Friday, February 17, 2023.
CITY COUNCIL MEMBERS
According to the City of Anna Charter Article 5, Section 5.02, a City Council candidate must:
- File for office in accordance with the Texas Election Code;
- Be at least 21 years of age at the time of the election for which they are filing;
- Be a qualified voter of the City of Anna;
- Have resided exclusively within the corporate limits of the City, or recently annexed territory, for at least 12 months before the filing date;
- At the time of filing or while in office, be current in payment of taxes or other liabilities due the City after notice of any delinquency;
- Not filed, in a single election, for more than one office or position as provided by this Charter; and
- Comply with all other City Ordinances or resolutions that may be applicable.
The City of Anna Charter can be found as part of the Code of Ordinances.
Designated Anna polling locations
The City of Anna has designated the polling location listed below for Election Day.
Anna Municipal Complex, 120 W. 7th Street, Anna, Texas 75409*
*subject to change