May 5, 2018 General Election
A general election will be held May 5, 2018 to elect a Mayor and Place 1 Council Member. They will be elected to a three-year term of office.
Applications for place on the ballot will be accepted January 17, 2018 through February 16, 2018 by 5 p.m. at the City Secretary's Office, 111 N Powell Pkwy, Anna, Texas or by mail City Secretary's Office, P.O. Box 776, Anna, Texas 75409. Notice of Filing (PDF).
Applications can be picked up at City Hall, 111 N Powell Pkwy, Anna, Texas or requested by email from the City Secretary.
According to the City of Anna Charter Article 5, Section 5.02, a City Council candidate must:
- File for office in accordance with the Texas Election Code;
- Be at least 21 years of age at the time of the election for which they are filing;
- Be a qualified voter;
- Have resided exclusively within the corporate limits of the City, or recently annexed territory, for at least 12 months before the filing date;
- At the time of filing or while in office, be current in payment of taxes or other liabilities due the City after notice of any delinquency;
- Not file in a single election for more than one office or position as provided by this Charter; and
- Comply with all other City ordinances or resolutions that may be applicable.
The City of Anna Charter can be found as part of the Code of Ordinances.
City Council Members
The City of Anna operates under a council-manager form of government as approved by voters in 2005 through the adoption of the City Charter. The Mayor and six Council Members are elected at-large for three-year staggered terms.
Terms for the City Council Expire as Follows
Mayor and Place No. 1 - May 2018
Place No. 2, 4 and 6 - May 2019
Place No. 3 and 5 - May 2020