May General and Special Election
A general election will be held May 2, 2020 to fill Places 3 and 5. Candidates are elected to a three-year term of office.
A special election will be held May 2, 2020 to fill a vacancy in Place 4. Candidate will be elected to a two-year term of office.
Applications for place on the ballot will be accepted beginning on January 15, 2020 and ending on February 14, 2020 at the City Secretary’s Office, 111 N Powell Pkwy, Anna, Texas or by mail City Secretary’s Office, P.O. Box 776, Anna, Texas 75409.
Applications may be requested by email from the City Secretary or picked up at City Hall, 111 N Powell Pkwy, Anna, Texas.
According to the City of Anna Charter Article 5, Section 5.02, a City Council candidate must:
- File for office in accordance with the Texas Election Code;
- Be at least 21 years of age at the time of the election for which they are filing;
- Be a qualified voter;
- Have resided exclusively within the corporate limits of the City, or recently annexed territory, for at least 12 months before the filing date;
- At the time of filing or while in office, be current in payment of taxes or other liabilities due the City after notice of any delinquency;
- Not filed, in a single election, for more than one office or position as provided by this Charter; and
- Comply with all other City Ordinances or resolutions that may be applicable.
The City of Anna Charter can be found as part of the Code of Ordinances.
City Council Members
The City of Anna operates under a council-manager form of government as approved by voters in 2005 through the adoption of the City Charter. The Mayor and six Council Members are elected at-large for three-year staggered terms.
Terms for the City Council Expire as Follows
Mayor, Nate Pike Term 2018-2021
Place 1, Kevin Toten Term 2018-2021
Place 2, Josh Vollmer Term 2019 - 2022
Place 3, John Beazley, Term 2017 - 2020 Deputy Mayor Pro-Tem
Place 4, Vacant Term 2019 -2022
Place 5, Nathan Bryan Term 2017-2020
Place 6, Lee Miller, Term 2019 - 2022 Mayor Pro-Tem