- City Secretary
May 6, 2023 General Election
Candidate Packets and Applications for a Place on the Ballot may be picked up from the City Secretary's Office starting January 13, 2023. The City Secretary's Office is located in Anna Municipal Complex at 120 W. 7th Street, Anna, Texas 75409. If you would like an electronic packet please complete the Application Request Form.
Date of Next Election is Saturday, May 6, 2023, and applications for Places 3 and 5 will be accepted at the City Secretary's Office at Anna Municipal Complex, 120 W. 7th Street, Anna, Texas 75409 or by email at email@example.com.
First Day to File as a candidate is Wednesday, January 18, 2023.
Last Day to File as a candidate is 5:00 PM on Friday, February 17, 2023.
CITY COUNCIL MEMBERS
The City of Anna operates under a council-manager form of government as approved by voters in 2005 through the adoption of the City Charter. The Mayor and six Council Members are elected at-large for three-year staggered terms.
The City Council meets on the 2nd and 4th Tuesday of each month. Agendas are posted in accordance with the Texas Open Meetings Act which requires at least 72 hours notice on the City's Official bulletin board at City Hall and on the City's website.
Terms for the City Council Expire as Follows
Mayor, Nate Pike, Term 2021-2024
Place 1, Kevin Toten, Term 2021-2024
Place 2, Pete Cain, Term 2022-2025
Place 3, Stan Carver II, Term 2020-2023
Place 4, Randy Atchley, Term 2022-2025
Place 5, Danny Ussery, Term 2020-2023
Place 6, Lee Miller, Term 2022-2025
According to the City of Anna Charter Article 5, Section 5.02, a City Council candidate must:
- File for office in accordance with the Texas Election Code;
- Be at least 21 years of age at the time of the election for which they are filing;
- Be a qualified voter of the City of Anna;
- Have resided exclusively within the corporate limits of the City, or recently annexed territory, for at least 12 months before the filing date;
- At the time of filing or while in office, be current in payment of taxes or other liabilities due the City after notice of any delinquency;
- Not filed, in a single election, for more than one office or position as provided by this Charter; and
- Comply with all other City Ordinances or resolutions that may be applicable.
The City of Anna Charter can be found as part of the Code of Ordinances.
Designated Anna polling locations
The City of Anna has designated the polling location listed below for Election Day.
Anna Municipal Complex, 120 W. 7th Street, Anna, Texas 75409*
*subject to change
Upcoming Uniform/Primary Elections
- May 4, 2024 - City of Anna Regular General Election for Mayor and Council Place No. 1
- Other Election Dates are listed on the Texas Secretary of State's website