The City of Anna Mayor and City Council welcome the opportunity to recognize our residents, special events and programs, businesses, corporate partners, and employees on those exceptional occasions which make Anna a community we are all proud to call home.
Proclamations are intended only to acknowledge neighbors or groups that request such acknowledgement and are not meant to endorse, support, or encourage any particular group or point of view. Proclamations do not necessarily reflect the opinions of the Mayor, the City Council, or City of Anna employees or neighbors.
- All ceremonial requests are subject to final approval by the Mayor and/or City Council. The City of Anna and the Office of the Mayor reserve the right to:
- Edit all ceremonial requests to reflect the City’s vision, mission, and goals; and
- Decline any ceremonial request without further details.
- All ceremonial requests should have a specific local connection with the City of Anna unless the request involves a special significance to the City, region, or state, as determined by the Mayor.
- As a municipal government, the City of Anna is non-partisan, and therefore does not consider any ceremonial requests that are political or controversial in nature.
- All requests should be made through the City's online Ceremonial Request Form. Phone, email, and written requests will be directed to the appropriate Ceremonial Request Form in order to obtain complete and detailed information to fulfill the request.
- In order to accommodate preparation and scheduling, all requests should be made as far in advance as possible, with a minimum of 10 business days prior to the occasion for the ceremonial item.
Types of Ceremonial Requests
- Proclamations – A proclamation is a formal declaration by the Mayor of a day/week/month in honor of a special event. Proclamations will not be issued for business groundbreaking, ribbon-cutting, or grand-opening events. Whenever possible, a sample proclamation or wording should be provided. One formal presentation copy will be provided at no charge.
Additional presentation copies will be made available for a fee of $5.00. Proclamations should be picked up in the City Secretary’s Office at 120 W. 7th Street, Anna, Texas, 75409, unless other arrangements have been made. If you would like the proclamation presented by the Mayor or City Council at a City Council Meeting or an event, please indicate this with your request.
- Certificates – A certificate is a formal document that extends special recognition. A certificate may be issued for a person or organization for an accomplishment or contribution to show appreciation. Certificates may also be issued for a request when a proclamation or other recognition is not appropriate for the occasion. One formal copy will be issued for each individual or organization to be recognized per request. If you would like the certificate presented by the Mayor or City Council at a City Council Meeting or an event, please indicate this with your request.
- Letters – A letter of welcome, greeting, or congratulations will be issued for programs, conferences, conventions, seminars, or other significant events when a proclamation is not appropriate. Whenever possible, a sample letter or wording should be provided. One formal copy will be issued per request. Letters are not eligible for formal presentation.
- Appearances/Addresses – Appearances and/or addresses by the Mayor or City Council must be scheduled through the City Secretary’s Office and coordinated with the Director of Communications.
City Secretary's Office
120 W. 7th Street
P.O. Box 776
Anna, Texas 75409