Boots and Booms
Celebrate Independence Day at Boots and Booms!
Boots and Booms Celebration
June 25, 2022, at Slayter Creek Park
Enjoy food trucks, vendors, games for kids, fireworks and pick up your free activity kit. Evening events begin at 5 p.m.
Performance by ZZ-TEX.
- 5k race (starts at 8 a.m.) – ages 6+
- 1-Mile Fun Run (starts at 9 a.m.) – all ages
- Toddler Trot (starts at 9:30 a.m.) – ages 1.5 years to 7 years
|5k||1-mile fun run||Toddler Trot|
(May 30-June 6)
Participants in all events will receive a finisher medal. All 5k and 1-Mile Fun Run participants will receive an event t-shirt. Toddler Trot participants will not.
In addition to the race winners, we will also be hosting a variety of contests for the participants and will choose winners for each category:
- Most Patriotic Runner (Adult/ Child)
- Most Patriotic Stroller
- Top Running Community
10 Days of Boots and Booms Fun
Continue the fun through July 4 by picking up an activity kit at the Neighborhood Services booth. Each day is a new activity. See the full list:
Boots and Boom Celebration event
Saturday, June 25 at Slayter Creek Park
Independence Day Picture Frame Craft*
Sunday, June 26
Coloring with Crayola Experience
Monday, June 27, 9-11 a.m. at City Hall
Crayola Experience is coming to Anna
- Meet Crayola Experience’s larger than life Crayon Character and snap a photo.
- Be A Star: Star in your own coloring page along with some of Crayola's crayon & marker characters. Just like a real photo booth, becoming a coloring page is as easy as pushing a button & saying "Macaroni & Cheese"!
- Creation Station: Crayola Experience will challenge your kids to bring the best ideas to life with fun Crayola products.
Pop-up Rec - Fiesta
Tuesday, June 28
Color Your Own Patriotic Bunting*
Wednesday, June 29
Movie in the Park
Thursday, June 30
Special USA themed movie night with pre-activities, including food trucks, begin at 6 p.m., movie begins at dusk.
Slayter Creek Park
Ice Cream in the Park
Friday, July 1 from 10-12 P.M.
Slayter Creek Park Splash Pad
Free bomb pop while supplies last.
Storybook Saturday – Independence Day
Saturday, July 2 from 9-11am
Slayter Creek Park
Firecracker Hat Craft*
Sunday, July 3
Celebrate Independence Day + Activity Book*
Monday, July 4
Enjoy Independence Day together with your friends and/or family and send us a photo. While you are enjoying great food and company, remember to color the Activity Book included in the Independence Day kits provided at the June 25 Boots and Boom celebration.
* Indicates supplies are included in the Independence Day kits available for pick up at the June 25 Boots and Booms celebration.