Contracts and Procurement
The City of Anna works closely with vendors throughout the purchasing cycle to procure quality goods and services and to ensure transparency to the general public. The Purchasing Office of the Finance Department is responsible for handling the purchase of goods and services for all departments in the City. This includes:
- Taking bid orders
- Ordering supplies and services
- Contracting for services
- Paying for orders
As part of service excellence, the city strives to follow the Transparency protocols and guidelines as provided for in the Transparency Stars Program outlined by the Texas State Comptroller of Public Accounts.
Contract and Procurement Summary 2020
- Spending on procurement and contracting activities expressed as a total: $10,056,844.
- Spending on procurement and contracting activities expressed per capita: $601.45 .
- Total number of publicly posted/advertised bidding and contract opportunities: 8
- Total number of closed bids/solicitations or awarded contracts: 8
- Total dollar amount of bids received from invitations for bids or requests for proposals: $5,789,219
- Total dollar amount awarded from contracts: $1,707,406 .
*The per capita figures are based on the city’s estimated 2020 population of 16,721.